Friday, December 10, 2010

A Visit with a VERY Special Santa

I am SUPER paranoid about Griffin getting sick. We have hand sanatizer all over our house that Chris and I use and anyone who comes over is "required" to use if they hold him. We don't let people at church hold him (except my mom and dad), I take his temperature probably almost every day at some point because I get nervous, I've given him about a 3 month waiting period before I'm going to take him in Wal-Mart - you get the idea. (Yes, I know all you experienced mothers out there want to tell me to chill out, but "'tis the season" for yucky respiratory bugs and my baby has a yucky respiratory history...)

So, with all of that going on in my crazy mind, you can imagine that I wouldn't want to take him to see Santa Claus in a mall where a bunch of other grubby, snotty little children (sorry if your child went to see Santa at the mall - I'm not talking about yours, just all the other ones... and really not the children at all, just there grubby, snotty germs. I love children. ) sit in this guy's lap and leave their germs. Lucky for me, MY dad is the Santa Claus (or Santa's helper) for TXU's Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant! MY dad doesn't have germs, right?

His company has an employee and family appreciation dinner/party where he dresses up as Santa. You'll see in the picture that it is in the rodeo arena at the Somervelle County Expo Center. I think this was his 2nd or 3rd year to do it and our first year to go. Jodi took some really cute pictures of Griffin with the most special Santa he'll every meet. See, this guy was MY Santa, too, many years ago - and let me tell ya - he was a good one! (Mrs. Claus was/is really good, too!) Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

  1. You aren't going overboard with the germ thing. There is serious respiratory stuff out there and he's so tiny- you're his Mommy and you should do as you see fit! I was the same way with Hudson since he was born in February- it's just a scary time of year for little ones...
    You are such a great mommy- it's so sweet to see your precious little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna start out with the "Thanks for sharing the pictures because I hadn't seen them and I think they're really sweet", but I have to agree with Heather, too...don't be hard on yourself. It's your baby, and yes, you've already been through some very scary times with him and his breathing...and that's without germs being involved directly. (Guess I really did start out with the "thanks" part anyway...) any way, gonna agree with Heather, too, you're a great Mommy & Chris is a great Daddy, too. Just enjoy, too!

    ReplyDelete