Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fourteen Months...what!!??

First of all, this is really late.  But - better late than never. ;)


My little Griffin was fourteen months old on Thursday, 12/15/11.  That's right: fourteen months.  14.  He has now been walking for 4 months - what!?  It's so hard to believe....

Unless you watch him and realize he is an expert walker and truly prefers for dangerous boy things such as running, climbing, sliding, stair combing (because the other climbing entails things that should NOT be climbed!), or crawling.  Not just crawling on hands and knees, crawling down into the tiniest places and waiting for me to find him.  He loves to try and get in tight spots - hoping that's not a sign of things to come. ;)

So, without further a due, these are the fourteen months shots.  I'm not gonna lie, this is getting to be such a battle that I don't even work really hard at getting a great shot.  I'm sure it's obvious to you after you take a look:




And this is what my little guy has been in to, up to, and all about this last month:

14 months:
  • LOVES to be upside down
  • starting to communicate!  Griffin will grab his blanket and walk to the rocking chair when he’s tired or go to his high chair if he wants a snack! ... sometimes ;)  He also understands a lot of what we say.  The coolest thing is with his books:  We can recite lines of a couple of his books, and he goes and gets that book!  “You so smart, Boogi!”
  • Speaking of, I call Griffin: G, Boogi, G Force, Doodlebop, and I’m working on the nick name Gigabyte.  I love it.  I called Griffin Doodlebop - which I do not love and have no idea why I am calling him this - the other day in front of Bret.  Bret thought I saide Gigabyte, which I thought was awesome.  And so it was born....
  • screams in the car :(   - (well, I wrote that at the first part of the month and he is doing MUCH better now!) 
  • says "dug (dog)," "fsh (fish)," duck (duck!)," "uh ooooo," "tch (touch)," and "shoe."  He also says “ooooooo” when in the presence of something really fantastic like a light or a sunroof. :) I’ve been working and working to get him to say Ho Ho Ho...but still nothing but weird looks.  Oh - and he says Mamama and Dadadada.
  • still in 18 month clothes, some 24 month
  • size 6 shoes, size 4 diapers
  • 16th tooth - that’s right.  It came in right after he turned 13 months old.  So we have all four molars and all four canines.  Yikes!
  • sleeping on a mat at school!  What!?  I have no idea how they get him to do this.
  • eating lots better!  He loves veggies - lima beans, green beans, and broccoli seem to be favorites.  He will turn down what we think is more yummy to get him some greens.  Smart little boy!  As far as meat goes, he still eats spaghetti and lasagna best.
  • LOVES the book Hand Hand Fingers Thumb and Llama Llama still... I think he’s starting to really like ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, too....or maybe it's just because I  read it to him ALL the time. :)
  • LOVES his fish!
  • plays with Ollee lots and lots and says “dug dug dug dug” over and over. :)
  • Griffin figured out how to climb up into the fire place!  aagh!
  • He definitely knows what door knobs are and how to use them, he’s just not quite tall enough...Ha!  I wrote that at the beginning of the month, too, because as of 5 days ago, we have a door opener!  Aaaagh!  Now my house has those lovely childproof door nob covers every where.
  • Griffin is drinking milk from a sippy cup!  I still rock him to sleep, but he can go to sleep without that.  I just love doing it.
  • Griffin is FINALLY liking to actually put toys INto things.  For the longest time, he would do it once, but would much prefer the disaster method of playing.  Pull everything out of everything and wait for mom to put it back, then do it again.  Of recent (12/3) he has been loving to put balls and toys through the openings they were intended!  He plays with is shape sorter the right way sometimes.....finally!  And I've noticed that I think he's ready for some puzzles.  Santa???? ;)
  • OH - He started this last month, but he can put his cars on his track and watch them roll  down.  It’s so fun to see him do this!




Griffin and Nana playing with the iPad at Thanksgiving

Griffin at PaPa's saltwater tank at his clinic







"oooooooooooooo"

Yay hand-me-down boots!  Thanks Josiah!


quite the little drummer boy...

Griffin invented this box car - it was the coolest thing how he just sat in it and started drumming his lips.  We  had so much fun with it that night!


you can see him making the car noise in this shot

trying to fit in Ollee's crate...

trying to fit in a pot....successfully

quite mad about successfully fitting in the pot!

Love his eyes in this pic

Griffin and Nana!

griffin again, fitting down into a box...

on a tractor trailer ride with his cousins and Yogi

Yikes!  about to be into the wrapping paper!


Griffin, your 13-14th month was SO fun!  I'm so LATE  on posting this and you've changed SO much, that it already seems like a little walk down memory lane.  I'm so excited to post your 15 month stuff!  You are learning SO much everyday and we are SO SO proud of you.  Love you, Griffin.  We can't imagine our lives without you.

2 comments:

  1. Precious Lyd!! I'm blown away by all the teeth, wow. Great job Griff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What??!! Sleeping on a mat??!! Wow...

    Love that baby boy! You've got some great pics! :)

    ReplyDelete