Thursday, October 25, 2012

Diamond Dung

So have I told you the story of how I lost one of my wedding rings?  Well let me start from the beginning.

My sweet husband bought me two wedding rings, one to go on either side of the engagement ring.  Why?  because I was a little brat and wanted them.  And he says he got a good dea.  I've loved them.  I think they are perfect.

In August, we went to Fossil Rim with BooBoo.  I knew I would be up close with giraffes and deer eating out of my hands, so I took off my rings and placed them safely in the cup holder of Griffin's car seat.  Why there?  Because if I had put them in my pocket, they may have slid out of it as I was moving across the seat from side to side to feed the animals as they came to the car.

Well, we got to a particularly popular spot for the animals and Griffin was fearless in sticking his hand out and feeding them.  I sat near the door, the food was in the middle seat, and Griffin's car seat sat empty on the other side.  See, in a drive through safari park, children do not have to ride in their carseats because the speed limit is ummm, 2 miles an hour, I think.  Griffin was sitting in my lap to feed the animals. He would get down, go to the feet bag in the middle seat and hop back up into my lap.

On one instance of him hopping back up into my lap, I noticed some quite beautiful feed in his hands headed for the window: My engagement ring (with Nana's diamond), and one of my wedding rings.   Aaaagh!  At some poing, Griffin had decided go all the way across the seat to his carseat cupholder for food. I jumped over to the seat to retrieve the other ring out of the cupholder and found nothing.  I searched the car, Griffin's hands and pockets....I was left believing Griffin must have fed my ring to:


Oh well, I guess.  There some diamond studded dung out there somewhere.....We did have fun and a ring is just a thing....









Thanks, BooBoo, for sharing your Fossil Rim pass with us!  We can't wait to go again!!

3 comments:

  1. I know its just a thing but I may have cried. Your handling it well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still makes me laugh - because what else are ya gonna do??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a very fun trip! So sorry that happened, but it makes a good family story that can be shared... forever!

    ReplyDelete