Monday, October 11, 2010

Pregnant Stuff

I haven't put a pregnant post up for a while. So, here's the profile picture at 35 weeks, 3 days (this was on Friday.)
Is it just me or do I look really tired!? To be honest, I am pretty tired. So many people have been asking me, "So are you to that 'just miserable' point yet?" And my answer is, "I don't think so." I am uncomfortable. I am tired of going to the bathroom. I'm tired of feeling guilty for drinking anything but water. I'm tired of feeling like my arms have turned into thighs....BUT - it doesn't seem to be as bad as what has been described to me by those I know who have already had their babies. I get out of breath and have a hard time bending down, and sometimes work (working with children, either the heavy less active ones I'm trying to get to move or the lighter ones who move EVERYWHERE that I'm trying to get to control their movements) is really, really hard...but the worst part is going to bed. It's the strangest thing. I am SO tired, but I dread going to bed because sleeping seems to be one of the hardest tasks of my day. I'm using all kinds of pillows and, don't get me wrong, the miracle pillow from Chris is working, it's just that I can't stay asleep. I fall asleep just to wake up and go to the bathroom and refight my battle with arranging the pillows to get comfortable, this time, without waking Chris up because he is now asleep....I know. All of you mommies totally get this, I'm just journaling my memories, I suppose.

And here's my update on Griffin: Still Breech!! But still moving, moving, moving. We had to start our weekly appointments at 33 weeks instead of 36 because of a little complication and this is when we first found out he was breech. The Doc says Griffin is doing great despite my little complication and Griffin still has time to turn. We go again on Wednesday, hoping that he will have gotten his head down where it's supposed to be. I don't think that he has turned yet, though. I can almost always find the top of his head just below my xyphoid process (that little bump at the bottom of your sternum between your rib cages.) I pet it like he's here already and usually say, "C'mon, Buddy! Turn over!"

Other than that, things are good. Knock on wood, I'm still not swelling too much. I'll keep you posted on what the doctor says this Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. haha I can totally agree with most that you have written and I'm still at 28 weeks! It hasn't been terrible, but it isn't easy either. Especially sleeping! It is such a chore! Luckily, Chris is a heavy sleeper and sleeps through most of the times I wake up during the night. People always just tell me, "Well, you're getting prepared for little to no sleep once baby is here!" lol I'll continue to pray for y'all! You're getting so close!!

    ~Bre Whiteley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely adorable! I know that it gets a little hard to hear people tell you that when you feel tired, gigantic and altogether unattractive, but you really do! I am just glad to see that you have a belly! Those first few pics were kinda depressing when I compared my already beach ball self to your tiny bump!! Hang in there-we are almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping was terrible for me too and I drove Cade crazy. I'm so excited to meet him though. I'm still praying little Griffin turns head down. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete