Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Other Christmases...and more






We had a Christmas spread after the actual 25th of December this year. We had Christmas at my parents house on the 30th and then my extended family on my mom's side on the 1st. Here's a little "photo journey" of the week after Christmas.

First, here's Griffin in his size 3 month Christmas outfit that I bought at the end of November. This picture was taken after church on December 26th. Can you tell how small it is on him!? We went shopping that afternoon to update him to a size 6 month wardrobe!!

Then on the 28th, I went to IKEA with Chris and some of the youth group kiddos and my mom kept my sweet baby ALL day! She said he did great and I did a lot better than I thought I would, too. I ended up just going to her house that Tuesday afternoon and Griffin and I stayed there until Friday. Here's Griffin on Wednesday hangin' out with Yogi and his beard...

Griffin's cousins were at Yogi and BooBoo's early for Christmas, too. Here's mom and Joey:

Aunt Jodi came Wednesday night:

And here we are on "Christmas" morning. My family has had this tradition since I can remember. We can't see the Christmas tree or presents until every one is awake. Soooo - we gather in the hall and my parents put a blanket over our heads. Then my dad spins us around to make us dizzy. When we are good and dizzy, he rips the blanket off and lets us run to either the stockings or the tree, whatever we decide. It was really fun when we were little and now he does it for the grandkids...AND new family members such as newly engaged future sister-in-laws. Here we are under the blanket, deciding where to go, and Griffin with his stocking spoils:
Then, Griffin and BooBoo got a nap:

On the first of January, we all went to Midlothian to my Aunt and Uncle's home to have a small Christmas with my cousins. The adults to a gift card exchange and everyone had free reign on kiddos to buy them presents. Griffin cleaned up there, too! And so did the other boys:



And here's a picture of all 5 of the boys. (Christian is my oldest cousin, Caleb's, little boy.) I think this picture is funny because you can tell they are not thrilled about having to stop sword fighting to sit down for a picture:

And that's all for Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures. We tried to get a picture of all the kids in their Christmas pajamas too but half of the kids are crying in our picture :)

    ReplyDelete