Friday, December 14, 2012

My big boy!!

So, I mentioned in the last post that Griffin was practically begging to be potty trained.  Well, he is now - begging, that its.  Not potty trained - yet.  :)  (And as a side note, he is still literally big, too.  We're in size 3T and his size 9 shoes are getting snug....)

Last night we went to Target as a family and Griffin picked out a potty just for him and some big boy underwear.  The big boy underwear wasn't as big of a motivator as I was hoping it was going to be because I don't know if he even really knows what it is.  His big cousins all wear manly things like boxers and boxer briefs. ;)  But none the less, we picked some out and as soon as they are washed, we'll try them on.

I bought a book on potty training for my kindle because at some point we're going to have to do the real deal.  The stay at home and let the messes happen thing.  I think I'll take some time off at the first of the year, after the Christmas travel is over, and get this show on the road.  In the mean time.  Griffin loves his potty and puts tee tee in it any time we ask.  He's even been able to get the more shy number two in it once.

Despite how well he's doing with going on command, I'm not sure how well he'll do with stop-playing-and-go-to-the-potty-before-you-tee-tee-in-your-pants part.  We'll see!!

In other big boy news:  Griffin's getting a big boy bed!  The mattress should be in today and I've got some sheets and stuff to put on it.  We'll keep the mattress  on the floor for now to get him used to sleeping on it and avoid traumatic falls, and then once we're in the new house for a bit, we'll move it up to the bed.

I really struggled over what kind of sheets to get.  Not too little boy, but not super big boy because for crying out loud, he just turned two!!  So, I think I'll get both.  I found a crazy cheap clearanced construction quilt and sheets at Target that we'll use for now (during potty training!) and then I'll reward myself with a trip to poottery barn kids.com when Griffin is potty trained! (yeah, right.  I'll probably feel too cheap for that then, too!)



Griffin - you must know that it is taking everything in me to do this.  Because you are my only baby, I want to cling to that smell of baby wipes and fresh diapers and the cute cuddled look of a bumper pad around a crib mattress for as long as I can.  But, also because you are my baby and I love you so much, I know that the best thing for you is not to hold you back!  You are ready, Boogi!  I love you so much and am so proud of you - still praying to cultivate that strong-willed, persistent, and dangerously fun-loving (that sounds still nice, right?) nature to be a man who radiates with the warmth of Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- he has totally outgrown finn now! I'm preparing my mind for potty training too, good luck my friend! I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's one of those things, the 3Ts look a little big, but the shirt sleeves on the 2Ts are too short! I'd rather his clothes be a little roomy than too small. :) (especially because I have tons of hand-me-downs and it's easy for me to switch out sizes!)

      Delete