Friday, December 21, 2012

Santa, Elf, and thank goodness for two-day shipping!

We have succeeded in getting Griffin excited about Santa Claus.  We have an Elf, whose name happens to be Elf, who visits our house each day.  Griffin loves going to find him and tells Elf what he would like Santa to bring him.

I was just telling a good friend of mine that I wasn't sure if Griffin was really grasping the anticipation part of Christmas yet, but Griffin seems to have proven me wrong.

We were in a store a few nights ago and Griffin saw Diesel (a friend of Thomas the Tank Engine) and a Donald Duck that it seemed he could not live without.  He talked and talked and talked about them as we walked through the store.  I made the mistake of letting him hold one (desperation y'all.  I wanted to get out of there and this seemed like a peaceful way to do it) while I finished my shopping.  So - we had to go put it back when I got ready to pay.  Oh the tragedy!

We talked about going home and telling Elf that he wanted it and that Elf would go tell Santa.  And that's just what he did!  I was shocked.  Santa, I don't think, was prepared to get Diesel and Donald for my little Griffin.  Up until that night, when asked what Santa was going to bring him, Griffin would tell you Buzz Yite-year. :)  But now, each morning Griffin has found Elf and said, "Diesel, peas.  Don-ad, peas."

Santa, we have a last minute request!! (note the thankfulness for two-day shipping reference above)

Here's our pic with Santa.  Griffin loves Santa from afar, but ask him to touch Mr. Claus, and you've got trouble.  So - unprepared as we were to have our appearances captured by film for all time, Chris and I obliged Griffin and smiled.  This is the best we got, people (and yes.  Santa in the picture is lacking.  We have no doubt that this Santa is one of Santa's helpers and not the REAL Santa.)  Next year I will not wait until the last minute and we will battle the lines and get the real Santa for a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Our Elfs name is 'Elf" this year too. Must be a two year old thing :)

    ReplyDelete