Monday, May 24, 2010

He's Got Goods



Wednesday, May 19th was one of the first days in a long, long, long time that I have actually counted down the days until it arrived. I think the last time I did that it was for my wedding. It’s such a wonderful thing to be excited about something.


So I counted down from 21 days; from my 12 week appointment at my OBGYN where they scheduled my “gender check” appointment. First, I should tell you that I was against even knowing the gender - but that was before I got pregnant. Then, it was one of the things that floated into my mind most often in those idle moments of your days.


So, so, so, so many people would ask me what I though I was having and I’d have to say - I don’t know! Almost everyone I know is either pregnant with a boy is has a baby boy less than 6 months old (except ONE person.) So, there was large part of me that thought I must be having a boy, but on the other hand, there was a large part of me thinking odds are saying this baby has GOT to be a girl!


I played all kinds of mind games with myself, thinking that if I started pseudo planning that it was a girl, then I could make it a boy and vice-versa. It wasn’t until 2 nights before our appointment that I told Chris I was worried because I had actually begun to want a boy - "and what would happen if it’s a girl and I feel disappointed? That would just be devastating! And do you think if I started thinking that it’s a girl that it will be boy, you know, because people are almost always wrong about this stuff? or maybe I should really be praying it’s a boy because that’s what you want, too....”


“Lydia! Seriously!” said the mildly annoyed voice of my sleepy husband. “This is NOT karma. It doesn’t matter what you think or plan or do or say. It is what it is. It’s either got one or it doesn’t at this point.”


I just started laughing. He was so right! And so, for the next 2 days I was just still excited about thinking about either one, knowing God would give us what we were supposed to have first.


So Mom and Dad met me and Chris at the doctor’s office for the visit. This is what we saw. Watch the video closely and you'll see IT'S A BOY!!






This is the Ro-Bean's first movie!! Enjoy!

This is us just as pleased as punch after we left. I get to see my actual doctor on May 26 to get a real report on how the baby is doing. Stay tuned for profile pics of me and hopefully a name soon!!



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! Love the picture show.
    Love you,
    Dodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for inviting us to share this with you! It's (or I should say "he") just an absolute miracle in the making. And how very tasteful of you to not post a still-life of him exposing his good for the world to see. He'll thank you for that later!

    ReplyDelete