Monday, September 6, 2010

Changes, changes

Tomorrow Griffin will be 31 weeks along...that means 9 weeks until the due date. Thursday is September 9. That means 2 months until the due date. With that said, it's pretty safe to say we are experiencing changes. The first, and most obvious, being the way I look. This picture was taken about a week ago on September 1. I was 30 weeks and 1 day pregnant. (I look terrible. I had just gone for a walk... and I have this idea that if I make a goofy face and don't try to look good, then I have a really good excuse for NOT looking good...anybody else work like that?)
So - there I am in all my big-bellied glory. I can tell I'm changing quickly now, so I'll try to be more diligent about posting pictures.

Another change that has occurred is my sleeping ability. Those of you who have ever lived with me (I'm thinking ACU and HSU roomies, Ashley, my sisters and family) or know me well know that sleeping has never been an issue for me - likely because I've gotten so little of it, but I could fall asleep anywhere, doing just about anything, and not wake up until someone shook me or my extra loud alarm went off. Well - pregnancy seems to have robbed me of this talent. Not only is my ever-shrinking bladder interrupting my zzzz's, but my hormonal hotness (I guess that's what I'll call it) is disturbing me along with the presence of this firm bulge in my abdomen. So, Chris - on his birthday mind you - went and bought this ridiculously expensive pillow for me today. I've already tested it out and I slept an hour and a half without moving, so let's hope it's a success. It's the Boppy Total Body pillow. They are at Babies'R'Us. Here's to Chris getting some sleep tonight...
We've also made some updates to Griffin's room. I painted some canvases to go up on the wall by his bed. And Griffin's sweet Yogi and BooBoo bought a wonderfully comfortable chair for him and any siblings he may have to be rocked and cuddled in. Chris went and picked it up on Friday and put it together in his room.


Chris and I also went to a birthing class on Saturday where we learned A LOT about what to expect. We learned about different pain management options, that we will have the choice of being induced after 39 weeks, that my doctor won't let me go past 40 weeks before scheduling an induction, that I can chew gum while in labor,.... and all kinds of stuff like that. I'll have a picture of us soon. My friend, Sarah, and her husband Clayton, are due 3 days after us and were at the same class. Sarah took our picture right as we were walking in - which was unexpected, but will probably be really neat to have. Chris actually paid attention and we discussed some of the things we learned. He's going to be a fantastic dad - I have no worries about him. :) Speaking of Chris, he is 32 years old today and bless his sweet, precious heart - we didn't really do anything for him, well - compared to the last 2 years. The first September we were married he turned 30 and I took him to Boston and we went to a Yankees vs. Red Sox baseball game. Last year we were on a lovely cruise on his birthday. This year, his parents came down Sunday night, HE cooked out, we watched a movie that I got him for his birthday (Date Night) and we got up this morning and his parents bought us breakfast. We love going out for breakfast so that was really nice, but I did feel kind of bad that I didn't do more. His big gift was one of those single serve coffee makers he's been eyeing for a while, but I gave it to him a few days early so that was no fun. Anyway - My Chris - I love you so much and am so proud of you and can't wait to see you by my Griffin's daddy. I love that part of my legacy will be being known for picking such a wonderful husband.


7 comments:

  1. Love that Griffin-belly! Nursery's lookin' great, and happy birthday Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know my pre- Mommy sleeping abilities and they were affected during pregnancy too! I used the same Boppy pillow! Hope you get more rest! Love the nursery! Happy birthday to Christopher! Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a "former ACU roomate" I have to ask, are you having any of the 3am bolt up in bed and yell, "Oh my gosh who's shaking the bed?!" kind of sleeping problems? (: I love you so much and think you look absolutely beautiful in that sweet belly! Know how much I am thinking of you and praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, that's just part of being parents- birthdays kind of go by the wayside. LOL. you look beautiful! i promise, you're one of the cutest pg women i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the profile picture! ...and the nursery and your sweet husband. Blessings to you all!

    word verification upsdate: "hystiout"
    ...Hy make yo' belly sti out...

    ReplyDelete