Sunday, September 19, 2010

Surprise, surprise Saturday!!

I had a great weekend. I am just completely humbled by the love and generosity my friends and family have for this new baby!

My mom invited my sisters and I and our hopefully-future-sister-in-law Kelley to come to lunch and get pedicures a few weeks ago. Ummm, yes!! I had planned to got to Glen Rose, hang out with the fam, and then stop by my family friends' home, the Moody's. See Ashley, my childhood friend, started a new job this week so I sent her a text to see how it was going on Wednesday. She told me she was gonna be in GR on Saturday and we could talk then if I was gonna be around. What a coincidence! I was going to GR for a pedicure and lunch with "the girls" of my family. Of course I would stop by and chat on my way back home!


So Saturday came - I went to GR and met "the girls." We got pedicures and ate lunch.


BUT - just before we went to lunch, Ashley sent me a text asked me and my family to stop by at 1:15. What? That's weird. She knows I was going to lunch with my family.... So I sent her a text telling her I would have to check with everyone. I was planning to just go by on my own after I was finished hanging out with them, but I would ask. So I sent the text, then I asked everyone if they wanted to go. "Sure!" they said. They hadn't seen Ashley in a while or her baby and we were in town anyway, so we should just go....
So I sent Ashley another text that we would be there after lunch - was that okay? She said sure! So we took our sweet time eating that lovely lunch. We all got something different and shared our meals. It was so fun. You should read Rachel's blog about poor Kelley's girl talk initiation!

We left Riverhouse Grill and drove to the Moody's... and SURPRISE!! My sweet friends Ashley, Kelcie and Carol had put together a "Welcome to Mommyhood" shower for me. It was wonderful. I got presents for ME to stay sane an be a good mommy to Griffin. Rachel took pictures of how cute it was decorated and I'll post them when I get them.

It was so wonderful. Among other things, I got snacks for breastfeeding, a breast pump, the INFANT CARRIER (wow!), some gift cards for meals so I don't have to cook OR pay for a meal, some fancy fancy chocolates (a mommy special!), LOTS of batteries, some wonderfully comfortable looking pajamas/gowns, and a sweet sweet note from my sister, Rachel, with a Bible especially for the diaper bag. She was a youth minister's wife, too, when she had her first baby. So this Bible is wipe-off-able, has a little latch to close, and is super girly since I will officially be outnumbered by the boys now. It was such a sweet, sweet shower with some of my most favorite people there. It's still hard for me to believe what wonderful friends and family I have!!

I can't wait to post pictures of all of the hard work Ashley, Kelcie, Carol, and Nanny (Barbara, Ashley's grandmother that was kind of one of my grandmothers back in high school) to make the shower decorated perfectly for the mommy of a little boy. Thank you ladies, so much! And thank my sisters (present and future), mom, and friends who came and spent this memorable time with me!!


2 comments:

  1. I just re-read what I've posted and realized the beginning doesn't make a ton of sense... I'm not gonna lie, I was typing it up kind of hurried and didn't proofread. Sorry! Forgive me and just know that it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...I didn't notice that it didn't make sense...could be because I was there?!?!
    I, too, could not keep the phrase, "I'm very blessed!" out of my head or from spilling from my lips very often last weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete