Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Church Shower

And....Another Shower!! (on September 19th)

The sweet gals I go to church with are baby shower planning pros. They can put together a lovely shower for a lovely low price. We always have so many people volunteer to hostess, so the cost split 7-9 ways is always negligible. It's great. I love helping hostess baby showers with them.

Well, it was finally my turn to have a shower! They asked me to pick a date for it sometime back in the first trimester. September 19th. It seemed like an eternity away. But, August came and went, my Wichita Falls shower came and went, and then I got to have my church shower. I was really excited.
My mom, sisters, and Kelley (the hopefully-future-sister-in-law) AND my mother-in-law were able to come and my best lifelong friend, Ashley, was there. That made it wonderful - PLUS so many sweet ladies from our congregation came with generous gifts for Chris, Griffin, and me. There are some pictures below of all the goods we came home with. I can hardly wait to go through it all.... It makes me consider playing hooky from work for a day to "nest."

The shower was sports themed and we had cute pictures of my really cute husband playing soccer and baseball when he was a little oby. The my sweet friend, Sarah, called my mom and had my mom send her some pictures ofme playing sports when I was little - oh how embarrassing!! It definitely got passed around the shower. Thanks, Sarah! She wanted to frame the pictues for me to use in the nursery, which was really sweet and I'll probably still do that.

Enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

  1. I love that I'm "the hopefully-future-sister-in-law"! No, really, I love it!!! :)

    So glad I got to be a part of a special weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome church family we have!
    (and we're pretty excited, too, Kelley!)

    ReplyDelete