Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Baby Shower!

The real date for this is September 12th


Last weekend I had my first baby shower. It was so much fun! Chris had gone on a dove hunt that weekend with some of the young guys from church so, my parents met me at my house at 8:00 Sunday morning. They drove me to Wichita Falls where we met Chris's parents for church. Chris was still on his way from the bunt in Brownwood. :) It was so nice to have both of my parents to myself in the cart on the way to Wichita Falls just to chat. We had a nice lunch with Chris's parents and then Chris met us at his parents house. Mom and I took lazy little naps and the boys watched some football until it was time for the shower.
I have to admit, I was a little bit nervous about this shower because I don't know the people in Wichita Falls very well and Chris hasn't gone to church there in years. I just didn't know who would show up. (Chris was great and went and stayed the whole time!) But - It was a nice turnout and we were really blessed by the gifts. IT makes me so proud of Chris - They all must really love him to still be supporting him like this!! I'm sure it has something to do with the love they have for his sweet parents as well. Here are some pictures of the hostesses and the "loot."

1 comment:

  1. It WAS a lovely shower...We are proud of Chris, too, and have enjoyed the extra time we've been able to spend with his parents.
    (The counter says about 49 more days to go!)

    ReplyDelete