Thursday, December 1, 2011

The One Year Birthday Party! - over a month late!

Griffin's first birthday party was on his actual birthday - a rare treat!  I ordered his invitations a while back, but was definitely trying to figure out what I was going to do for his cake the day before...time got away from me.  But, the day came and he turned one!

It was kind of sad because he threw up the night before so we had to call his friends and tell them "come at your own risk."  None of them wanted to come, and I don't blame them!

All of his family showed up, though.  Here are a few (ha!) snap shots of the day.  I'm just gonna write little captions because I'm trying to get the darn thing posted before Christmas!



Sweet baby trying to hang in the ball pit...he wasn't feeling great...
I wish he had some people who loved him and would buy him gifts ;)

the little cake I made...

and the cupcakes...

party attire: shirt compliments of Aunt Rachel, hat and bib compliments of his friend, Walt's mom, Sarah (did I do those commas right?)

hanging with Papa!

Uncle Robert playing with the cousins!  He's so fun!

We all got to meet Aunt Kelly and Uncle Ira's new dog, Charra.

Griffin was a big fan of wearing the hat ;)

mmmmmm cake

Griffin was so funny - he wanted to share his cake with Chris and me.  So - he wiped it all over our faces.


Griffin meeting Charra

Griffin sharing cake with daddy

Get this hat off of me and give me the cake!

mmmmm cake

sorry about Chris's eyes...chris, sorry I'm posting this, but it is SO CLOSE to being a great pic!

more toys!

front of invitation

back of invitation

Griffin, we look forward to MANY more birthday celebration with you!  Love you so much,  Gigabyte!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun little party!! Love, love, love that your sweet boy wanted to share his cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The party looked so cute - invitations, outfit, cake & all!! You have such a sweet family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a perfect little party! He certainly did enjoy the cake!

    ReplyDelete